Recipe of the Month: Salmon Burgers
· 12 oz. wild-caught salmon, baked & chopped
· 1/2 lemon, juiced (~2 Tbsp.) + ½ tsp. lemon zest
· 1 small shallot, minced (may subs 2 cloves garlic, minced)
· 2 green onions, sliced
· 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped (may sub 1 tsp. dried dill)
· 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
· ¼ tsp. salt
· ¼ tsp. pepper
· 2 eggs
· 1/4 cup almond flour
Avocado Garlic Sauce
· 1 medium avocado, halved and pit removed
· 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 1/2 lemon, juiced
· 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
· 1 Tbsp. fresh dill (may sub 1 tsp. dried dill)
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· ¼ tsp. salt
· 1/8 tsp. pepper
For the Burgers:
1. Combine all of the salmon burger ingredients, except the coconut oil, in a large bowl and mix well. If mixture is pretty wet, add additional almond flour 1 Tbsp. at a time.
2. Form into 6-8 patties. Patties easily fall apart until they are cooked. Handle with caution.
3. Heat coconut oil on a griddle or pan to medium-high heat.
4. Once hot (oil must be hot), carefully add burgers to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Patties should sizzle when added to pan.
5. To serve, top with 1-2 Tbsp. avocado garlic sauce and tuck into a lettuce wrap if you wish.
For the Avocado Garlic Sauce:
1. In a food processor or blender, combine all of the ingredients and process until smooth.